Weekly Tax Brief
- Published: 01 October 2018 01 October 2018
Here are a few key tax-related deadlines for businesses and other employers during Quarter 4 of 2018. Keep in mind that this isn't all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us for more about the filing requirements and to ensure you're meeting all applicable deadlines.
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2017 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2017 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2018 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below under “November 13.”)
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2018 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2018 estimated income taxes.